What is an arborist? Why might you need one?
The arborist is a tree specialist. He knows their needs, has received relevant training, and has the right equipment to provide them with the care they need. Using the services of an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Maintaining your trees well is an investment that can be very profitable. Well-maintained trees are attractive and can increase the value of your property. On the other hand, neglected trees can be dangerous. The pruning or felling is risky, especially when it comes to large trees. This work should only be done by specialists who have the training and equipment to allow them to work safely.
SERVICES OFFERED BY ARBORISTS
An arborist will be able to determine the type of pruning required to improve the health, appearance, and safety of your trees. The different pruning methods include removing branches:
- that interfere with installations or buildings
- that obstruct streets or sidewalks
- sick or infested with insects
- damaged during a storm
Other pruning methods are used to maintain the natural structure of young trees, improve their shape, and reduce the possibility of damage from storms.
Although used as a last resort, culling may be necessary in some situations. An arborist can help determine if a tree should be felled. Felling is recommended if the tree:
- is dead or wasting away
- presents an unacceptable risk
- causes an obstruction that cannot be corrected by pruning
- grows too close to other more desirable trees and hinders their growth
- should be replaced with a tree that is more suitable for the site
- must be knocked down to make way for new construction
During storms, it often happens that branches or entire trees fall and damage other trees, buildings, or vehicles. Given the considerable weight of these trees, it can be dangerous to attempt to move or cut them down. An arborist specializing in pruning work can do this job safely, while reducing the risk of further damage to the property.
Some arborists do planting work and most can recommend species suitable for a specific location. Planting the wrong tree in the wrong place will lead, in the future, to problems related to lack of space, insects, diseases, or poor growth.
Many arborists also offer a variety of other services, including:
- Plant health care or preventive maintenance to keep trees healthy and reduce problems related to insects, diseases, and site conditions
- Fertilization and modification of the soil, in order to improve the health of the tree
- Guying to strengthen branches with weaknesses
- Aeration of the soil to improve root growth
Installation of lightning protection systems
- Applying treatments to control certain insect and disease infestations
- Consulting and legal expertise services relate to trees
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED ARBORIST?
Certification measures individual knowledge and skills to provide trees with adequate care.
Certification does not assess the application of good practice standards. Certification attests a person’s arboreal knowledge but cannot guarantee the quality of the work.
Certified arborists are individuals who have attained a level of knowledge of tree care through experience and by passing an exam designed by some of the foremost experts in arboriculture. Certified arborists must continue their training to maintain their certification. Therefore, it is very likely that they keep abreast of the most recent arboricultural techniques.
At Remedy Tree Removal Service, Our arborists have years of experience in tree-removal services, the ability to remove any pruning tree in any location is a task we specializarein. There are no big job and no small job when you work with us. The tree removal service we offer is affordable and our arborists are professionals with the experience required to provide superior service.
Contact us today: (510) 229-456
Please read our next article “WHEN AND WHY SHOULD A TREE BE FELLED?“